Global Climate Association
The NSDC Organizational Chapter at the Global Climate Association was built with the goal of connecting a global network dedicated to:
- Educating and equipping individuals with the knowledge to inspire climate action.
- Leveraging research, technology, and policy for a sustainable future.
- Creating a platform for the inclusion and empowerment of women in STEM fields from diverse backgrounds.
This chapter aims to bridge the gap between climate science, meteorology, environmental studies, and data science. By fostering a collaborative space, we encourage individuals from diverse disciplines to share knowledge, apply data science techniques, and cultivate an inclusive community focused on addressing climate change.
The chapter was founded in November 2023. Read on to learn more about upcoming activities, events, and opportunities brought to you by this Chapter!
Chapter Activities & Projects
Certain chapter activities may include:
- Engaging in no-code/low-code data science projects tailored to climate studies.
- Utilizing large language models such as ChatGPT, Bard, etc., for climate data analysis and interpretation.
- Collaborating with other NSDC chapters worldwide, sharing stories and insights about data science’s role in climate change.
- Introducing members to technologies like Python, Hugging Face, PyTorch, Climate Trace, Climate Reanalyser and more.
- Conducting outreach programs, featuring tutorials, lightning talks, and guest speaker sessions focused on climate data science.
- Organizing hackathons using public datasets related to climate, sourced from platforms like Kaggle, Google Dataset Search, and more.
- Accessing and contributing to the rich array of ClimateEd resources provided by the GCA.
- Participating in ClimateSci Conferences, networking with peers, and gaining access to archives of insightful presentations and discussions.
Check back soon for upcoming events and projects!
Stay Connected with Us
Email us at email@example.com with any inquiries or questions.
Some ways to stay connected with the NSDC community: