Spring 2023 COVID Information Commons Webinar: Research Lightning Talks and Q&A
Meet the scientists seeking new insights on COVID-19. CIC lightning talk webinars bring together researchers studying wide-ranging aspects of the current pandemic, to share their research and answer questions from our community. Learn more about their ongoing efforts in the fight against COVID-19, including opportunities for collaboration.
Join us on Monday, April 24th at 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. (ET), to hear from the following speakers:
- Ellen Foxman, Yale University. Host response-based screening for unexpected or emerging respiratory viruses. Funded by NIH National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- Niema Moshiri, University of California, San Diego. Real-time phylogenetic inference and transmission cluster analysis of COVID-19. Funded by NSF Division of Environmental Biology (DEB).
- Ioannis Paschalidis, Boston University. Predicting and Preventing Epidemic to Pandemic Transitions. Funded by NSF Predictive Intelligence for Pandemic Prevention Phase 1.
- Jeffrey Townsend, Yale University. Analyses of polymorphism and divergence to illuminate molecular evolution permissive of zoonoses in SARS and COVID-19. Funded by NSF Division of Environmental Biology (DEB).
- Chang-Yu Wu, University of Florida. Environmental Surveillance to Assess Aerosol Transmission Pathways of COVID-19 Enabled by On-The-Spot Sampling and Detection. Funded by NSF Division of Chemistry, Bioengineering, Environmental, and Transport Systems (CBET).
By attending, all event participants agree to abide by the NEBD Hub Events Code of Conduct and Video / Photography Disclaimer. Visit our events page to learn more.
To share information about this event with your colleagues and community, please refer to the following:
- Webpage Link (this page)
- Registration Page
- Mailchimp Campaign / Event Poster
- Social Media
- Social campaign (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) for easy RT and share (coming soon)
- Sample copy for social media posts with links to graphics