As part of our commitment to accelerate Big Data innovation throughout our region, the Northeast Big Data Hub is delighted to announce our Cloud Computing Credits program, making awards of up to $50,000 in Microsoft Azure credits available to data-driven projects in the Northeast. More details about this opportunity are provided below.
Through our partnership with Microsoft Azure, the NE Hub is excited to provide cloud computing credits for our community via the following mechanisms:
- Awards will be distributed in packages of up to $50,000 in credits per project*, providing free storage under one of the following two options:
- Public data sets stored free of charge for up to 2 years;
- Up to 100TB of Zone Redundant Storage replication for blob storage
- Awardees will receive training – in-person or online – and will be allocated a number of consulting hours with the Microsoft Azure team as part of their award.
- Project teams may apply for an award package on a rolling basis via a simple RFP and review process, described below.
*Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Northeast Big Data Hub Executive Committee.
- Length: Your proposal should be no longer than three pages.
- Title: Your proposal title must begin with “Northeast BD Hub” to ensure that your proposal is considered for this award.
- Submission: Submit your proposal via the online application form.
- Deadlines: Proposals need to be submitted by October 15, 2017. Proposals will be reviewed and award recipients are notified within four to eight weeks.
- FAQ: For more details about how to produce a good proposal, see our FAQ.
- Are the proposed projects appropriate for and best executed in a cloud environment?
- Does the proposed project align with and advance the Northeast Big Data Hub’s mission?
- Does the proposed project fall within an existing NE Hub Priority Area?**
- Is the proposed project a collaboration between multiple organizations across multiple sectors?**
- Will the proposed project serve as a foundation that scales to more impactful projects?**
- Will the project benefit substantially from the additional Azure training provided via the NE Hub?**
Proposals focused on benchmarking cloud services will be excluded from the use of these credits.
** These criteria are not requirements but will improve the suitability of proposals, all else being equal.
As part of the terms of the award package, the Northeast Big Data Hub requests that credit recipients acknowledge their participation in our Cloud Computing Credits program on their project website and appropriate project publications. Following award confirmation, we may request an overview of your project to share with our community.
Please contact Katie Naum at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this opportunity.