Join the NEBDHub REAL Program
Research Experience and Leadership Program
The Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub’s Research Experience and Leadership (REAL) program provides opportunities for students in various academic programs and data science professionals to get involved with projects that enable scientific and societal impact across the focus areas of the Hub: Health, Education + Data Literacy, Responsible Data Science, and Urban to Rural Communities.
Some examples of opportunities to gain research experience and leadership skills include:
- Facilitating community events by taking meeting notes which become blog posts for the Hub website
- Coordinating Hub events as co-moderators or support staff
- Producing or curating English and Spanish resources for the National Student Data Corps’ Video Library, Learner Central, Educator Central, and Career Central, or the Data Science Resource Repository (DSRR)
- Assisting the Transcription Team by producing event transcripts or translations for the Hub’s accessibility initiative
- Guest moderating the Hub’s COVID Information Commons or National Student Data Corps’ Slack channels
- Community members can propose other projects that align with the Hub’s mission – email us at email@example.com with your suggestions!
REAL Program members can expect to spend a minimum of 1-3 hours a month on Hub projects.
Spotlight: Northeast Student Data Corps
REAL Program members working on the Hub’s newest initiative, the National Student Data Corps (NSDC), are helping to develop open source educational resources and provide other support for data science learners and educators at underserved institutions across the United States and beyond. REAL Program members have recorded video lectures on machine learning, curated data science use cases, served as mentors, and pioneered new initiatives to help others discover their passion for data science.
REAL Program Members
Cora Lee Cole
Jiajun (Gary) Gao
For more information or inquiries contact the Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org.